ListMagic question LMListEdited

J Scott Saults saultsj at missouri.edu
Wed Jul 14 11:25:00 EDT 2010

Direct support requests to ListMagic have not been answered. Is it
still supported? Maybe somebody here can help.

I'm trying to use  LMListEdited to selectively prevent changes in a
list widget, . I've edited the card script to include:

ON LMListEdited pWidget,pItem,pLineNo,pOldValue,pNewValue
    DisplayPrompt "LMListEdited - item" && pItem && "of line" &&
pLineNo && "-" && pOldValue && ">" && pNewValue
    set itemDel to tab
    put pOldValue into item pItem of line pLineNo of pWidget

Now I expect that last line to replace ANY entry that's changed; if
that worked, I'd add conditionals. However, it only occasionally
works. Exactly what events should trigger the LMtListEdited handler -
tab, return, enter? Changing the item and clicking elsewhere in the
field usually seems to work (that is, the change is undone, pOldValue
replaces pNewValue). How do I get other edits intercepted? A user
might not click, but press tab or enter instead.

Thanks.