RunRev Script Editor and Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:14:40 EDT 2010

On 07/12/2010 08:54 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>> Having found that it is well-nigh impossible to copy-paste from the
>> RunRev 4 script editor
>> in Linux (GNOME), I thought I would crack out the old script editor:
>>
>> 1. RunRev 2.2.1: no joy.
>>
>> 2. Metacard 2.5: no joy.
>>
>> What does this tell us?
>
> It tells us that for some clipboard managers, you need to try the
> solution Pierre mentioned. The choice of software components that
> makes Linux so appealing to its users is also the reason that Rev
> doesn't work with everything. If you're using one of the more
> universally popular managers then bug-report it.
>
> I know that when MetaCard was in active development, the script editor
> in Linux worked fine because Dr Raney did all his development on that
> platform. So what's happened in between is that the clipboard manager
> has changed, or you are using one he wasn't using.
>
> BTW, you can save yourself some trouble next time if you just do
> something like this from the message box:
>
>  put the script of btn 1 into url ("file:myScript.txt")
>
> I know you shouldn't have to, but it will save you some time.

Thanks; Yes it will . . .  :)

Although I do wonder why most Linux apps seem not to jalouse at any of the
clipboard managers that come as standard with GNOME, KDE, XFCE, LXCD and
so: just been through about 5 Window managers trying a 'cocktail' of Linux
apps. While RunRev jalouses at all of them without 'fiddling'.