RunRev Script Editor and Linux

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 12 13:54:34 EDT 2010

Richmond wrote:
> Having found that it is well-nigh impossible to copy-paste from the
> RunRev 4 script editor
> in Linux (GNOME), I thought I would crack out the old script editor:
>
> 1. RunRev 2.2.1: no joy.
>
> 2. Metacard 2.5: no joy.
>
> What does this tell us?

It tells us that for some clipboard managers, you need to try the
solution Pierre mentioned. The choice of software components that makes
Linux so appealing to its users is also the reason that Rev doesn't work
with everything. If you're using one of the more universally popular
managers then bug-report it.

I know that when MetaCard was in active development, the script editor
in Linux worked fine because Dr Raney did all his development on that
platform. So what's happened in between is that the clipboard manager
has changed, or you are using one he wasn't using.

BTW, you can save yourself some trouble next time if you just do
something like this from the message box:

  put the script of btn 1 into url ("file:myScript.txt")

I know you shouldn't have to, but it will save you some time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com