RunRev Script Editor and Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 13:01:07 EDT 2010

Having found that it is well-nigh impossible to copy-paste from the
RunRev 4 script editor
in Linux (GNOME), I thought I would crack out the old script editor:

1. RunRev 2.2.1: no joy.

2. Metacard 2.5: no joy.

What does this tell us?

Well the most obvious thing is that something as fundamental as copy-paste
has not been sorted out since the days of Metacard is a pretty awful
inditement of . . . .

What is clear is that various users of RunRev on Linux have worked
out various "fiddles" to get round the shortcomings related to fonts,
copy-pasting and so on . . .

However, if every software compnay relied on end-users being prepared to
work out "fiddles" to get their software to behave the way it should . . . .

Now, THAT is a grumble!