Language learning stacks

Curt Ford curt at sonasoftware.com
Mon Jul 12 11:35:02 EDT 2010

I have a project (commercial, except for my own students) that focuses
on vocabulary and provides a number of different activities
(flashcards, multiple choice, scrambled words, dictation, and others).
There's also support for images, multiple sounds per item, short video
clips, examples & notes, and integrated google search.

It's been used with a number of languages including Russian, Japanese,
and Irish (though languages with right-to-left writing systems haven't
been tested much). My web site has a pretty extensive set of word
lists for Russian and a sample for Irish phrases, and there's a
built-in list creator for making your own lists.

You can find more information & a demo version at

http://www.sonasoftware.com/vocab/

--feel free to try it out & let me know what you think!

Curt

Dr. Curtis Ford
Sona Software LLC

Curt Ford