My naming convention

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jul 10 11:19:08 EDT 2010

Richmond-

Saturday, July 10, 2010, 5:10:33 AM, you wrote:

> I think this is great and we really out to carry on this htread with as
> many poeple submitting their
> naming conventions as possible; we might then be able to abstract some
> sort of commonality
> which would allow us to develop a more standardised naming convention
> for RunRev.

Saturday, July 10, 2010, 4:20:26 AM, Damien Girard wrote:

Personnally I am using this naming convention:
- first letter in lowercase, then Uppercase for the first letter of each
word.

- tMyVariable -> Variable available in the handler
- sMyVariable -> Variable available in the script (local)
- gMyVariable -> Global variable (global)
- kMyVariable -> Constant (constant)
- cMyVariable -> Variable that contain custom properties
- pMyParameter -> Parameter

I use all these with the exception of switching

 - uMyVariable ->  User-defined custom property

(Silly me - I'm reserving "c" for "class", expecting that someday
we'll have real OOP in xtalk)