Scripting what should be a simple loop...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jul 9 19:44:58 EDT 2010

Hi David:

One way to dynamically create a variable on the fly is using the "do"
command.

 repeat with i = 1 to 10
    get fld ("Field" & i) of grp Allfields -- put the value into "it"
    do "put it into tVar" & i
 end repeat

Two additional things to consider:

1) When referring to an object name dynamically, bracket the expression in
parentheses:    fld ("myField" & i)

2) Avoid naming objects using their type (ie "Field1") unless you're very
careful as Rev may get confused by the actual object it knows as "field 1"
(the first field on the card) versus your "Field1" which may be the tenth
field on the card.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director