[OT] G4 goes West

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 10:25:47 EDT 2010

On 07/09/2010 02:21 PM, viktoras d. wrote:
> b.t.w. may I ask (as a non native English speaker) what is the
> difference between "going West" (is it good?) and "going South" (the
> later seems quite negative) ? Are the any other ways like "going
> North", "going East" or "going SouthEast" with some very special
> meanings in them :-)?
>
> Viktoras
>
> Mark Wieder wrote:
>> Richmond-
>>
>> Thursday, July 8, 2010, 11:19:36 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>> Umwhiles I promised I would post pictures of my PPC Mac's
>>> "triple-bypass".
>>
>> Never underestimate the power of blue rubber thingies...

My G4 Mac had almost died. Now 'Scot' means people who come from Ireland;
and all Gaels (whether from Hibernia, Man or Caledonia) go, at the end
of their lives,
to the "Land of the Blessed" which is to the west, just over the
horizon. So "Gone west"
is a nunco phrase fae "handit in yer dinner pail" !