Running revlets on the iPad

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 09:53:03 EDT 2010

Hi Martin,

Martin Baxter wrote:

Martin Baxter-4 wrote:

> I couldn't agree more. At present I can choose to either not install, or
> to disable Flash (and I do). With html video, canvas, dom storage etc.
> protecting yourself from "demented content snippets" (and sneaky
> snooping) becomes even harder. It introduces a whole new world of
> opportunity for design and marketing low-lifes to make web pages
> unbearable to the point of icky. The faction that wants the web to be
> like TV (only worse), alienates those who like using the web because TV
> sucks. But hey, at least there's no way they can override the missing
> sound card I removed. :D (Bliss. Bliss. Silence is golden.)
>
> Flash could have been used for good or evil, guess which one mankind
> chose! ;-)

Martin, i agree with all of your post, except last line.
I am part of the mankind and have not participated
in the abuse and misuse of SWF. ;-)

But now that i think about it, although i have not removed
the sound card, i had attached an audio extension
cord to the audio out, so headphones are my preferred
way to hear sound from my computers.

Hopefully, Adobe will allow to control the SWF platform,
not only from Javascript, but using any scripting language
like revTalk, python, perl and Lua.

Similar to this project named Lua Alchemy:
http://code.google.com/p/lua-alchemy/

Al