[ANN] ssImageThingy

Simon Lord slord at karbonized.com
Fri Jul 2 09:04:06 EDT 2010

Silent movie (3.1mb hinted streaming):

www.marelina.com/miscellaneous/ssImageThingy_grab.mov

Shao had asked me to make a video a couple days ago so here it is. Not
sure if the stack has changed at all from the version she gave me but
there it is.

So what it is?  For me it's simply a visual representation of a series
of projects which I plan to display to the user as a series of
clickable image proxies of their projects.  Others can use it to make
little image albums or whatever seems most obvious to your needs.

How it works:

You can pass it a set of image paths separated by line returns or
create a slightly more complex array with attributes which are
assigned to each image.  Look at the "Load" button code for examples.

The rest is fairly straightforward if you understand how inheritance
works (once Shao explained to me it was similar to CSS I understood
immediately).