Capturing photographs

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 18:15:24 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Richmond Mathewson
<richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just saw this:
>
> http://sneakybastard.co.tv/
>
> [actually quite jealous that the developer thought of that name for his
> software
> before I did . . .  :)  ]
>
> and wondered how it could be done using RunRev.
>
> I have at my disposal:
>
> 1. a USB webcam.
>
> 2. a Firewire video source (manky old VHS camera piped throug a
> video-digitiser).

I have a system of cameras and use Security Spy
<http://www.securityspy.com/> to monitor them and to do the motion
detection. Then I have  Rev app that keeps track of the number of
files that Security Spy saves and if the number increases beyond my
set limits and within certain time frames, my app does other forms of
alert: email, SMS, phone calls etc.

To do it all in Rev, I guess you need the revVideoGrabber to keep
monitoring the camera and storing snapshots. It would have to compare
the imageData with the previous data and work out of there was enough
change to be considered as detected motion. That is the tricky bit and
it needs to be fast too.

Cheers,
Sarah