InetBrowser and the Mac Blue Screen

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sat Jan 30 09:24:18 EST 2010

believe me, there is more than the SBOD and the Kernel Panic,

There is a the Blue Screen Of Sudden Death, where a blue screen of a light
shade fills the screen, all programs die and then you're back on the finder
as if you just rebooted. This can happen when some software does crazy
stuff. One way to force it happen was to use the wrong rev 4.0 engine as a
CGI engine for the built -in apache installation, the mac would go bonkers!
Of course this was using the wrong engine, not the cgi engine but picking
the standalone engine out of context and trying it as cgi... it was a crazy
thing to watch. It is patched now, even if you try it, it will not do those
crazy stunts anymore.

I've seen games doing that as well.