Setting the blendLevel of BGColor with no color...???

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 18:45:33 EST 2010

2010/1/29 John Patten <johnpatten at mac.com>:

> Hi All...
>
> I'm guessing you shouldn't be able to do this:
>
>   on MouseDown
>      if the backgroundcolor of me is "" then
>      set the backgroundcolor of me to "blue"
> set the ink of me to blend
> set the blendLevel of me to 50
> else
>   set the backgroundcolor of me to ""
>   set the ink of me to blend
>   set the blendLevel of me to 100
>   end if
> end mouseDown
>
> This works fine with a series of rectangle graphics. Setting the
> backgroundColor to "" results in a transparent rectangle but still
> containing an Opaque qualities. (However still couldn't get them to change
> while mouse down and dragging...but I digress...)
>
> However, when you try to control the blendlevel of colored rectangles with a
> scrollbar the rectangles with their backgroundColor set to "" turn white. I
> was hoping I could still preserve the transparency and keep the rectangle
> grcs opaque. (I need to the user to be able click on them to either colorize
> or remove color with a click.)
>
> Here's my scrollbar:
>
> on mouseStillDown
>   put the number of grcs of group "grid" - 1 into ModTransparency
>   put 1 into X
>   repeat ModTransparency
>      set the blendLevel of grc ("rectangle"&X) to ThumbPosition of me
>      add 1 to X
>   end repeat
>   put the thumbPosition of me
> end mouseStillDown
>

> Is setting the bgcolor of a grc to "" not really something that is supposed
> to result in a transparent grc with an opaque setting of true?

Hi John,

If you set the background color of an object to empty it will removes
its color, but it will not be transparent.
Check your docs: you can also set the background color of an object to
transparent.

Set an objet to no color is different than set an object to transparent.
To check you can put the color define for your rectangle into an answer box:
- nothing for empty
- or transparent

Try to set your rectangles to transparent, it could be solve your problem.

HTH

--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc