iPadding around?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 29 14:37:50 EST 2010

"I think RunRev needs to make more of an effort to keep the Linux version
in line with the others, or it should be dropped completely. "

Yes, agreed, this was a well balanced and reasonable approach to the issue.
I would take issue a bit with some of the remarks by others on this thread
about Linux being in limbo regarding developers.  There are 20-30,000
packages available in the Debian repositories.  There is no lack of
developers.  Of course, their problem is, their work is being given away.

It is true that Linux is lacking some way of getting cash into the
application development process.  That said, I have been impressed and
touched by the way when you write to a developer of a package, or even the
packager, you get instant and very helpful support.  It is most impressive.

Peter