[Ann] Build your own games

Malte Pfaff-Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Thu Jan 28 06:29:57 EST 2010

Hi all,

thanks for all the feedback I have received both on- and off-list!

I have taken the top question into account and re-uploaded the sources. The question was: "The nice soundtrack original drops had is not in there, is it?" Yes, it is. :-) You just had to make a code change to make it play. Those who have asked, have received instructions on how to do that off-list. For the others, the current version automatically sets the right path. Setting up all player references and preference storing is now as easy as changing the value of one constant. I hope this is helpful.

If there are any more questions, please keep them coming.

To clarify on another top question:

No, moving out of the games business does not mean the end for our add ons. Actually it means quite the opposite thing. The funds we raise from selling games sources will buy us more dev time assigned to me, to work more on the core libraries of all the software we write. 2 of them being animationEngine and chartsEngine. We have a strong userbase for them. And I appreciate all the feedback we get there. We will make them better. There will be more stuff from us.
It also does not mean we will never write a game again. I love writing games too much to give that up. It just consumes too much time to market mini games nowadays. Time we better invest into making our code better. We are coders, not marketeers. :-) And basically we do not want to be.

All the best,

Malte

http://www.awesomemegamightygames.com/pages/en/games/get-the-source.php