RSS in on-rev

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 18:00:03 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 7:04 AM, David Brooks <dbrooks at unlserve.unl.edu> wrote:
> I'm teaching a course from on-rev. We keep a home-grown message service going. One person has asked for RSS (really simple syndication) for this system.
>
> Has anyone tried setting up RSS with RunRev?
>
> Has anyone tried setting up RSS on on-rev?

Yes, my On-Rev site has RSS on some pages e.g.
<feed://www.troz.net/rss/tech.xml>

An RSS page is just a text file containing XML in a specific format.
How you construct it depends on your data, but on the page I quote
above, I have a text file for each pot on the page, the rss generator
loops through these files and constructs the rss data from the
relevant bits of each file.

Search for RSS specifications to see which elements you need to
include and which are optional.

If you want to see my scripts, let me know and I can send them to you off-list.

Cheers,
Sarah