iPadding around?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 13:39:08 EST 2010

So, there's Jobs showing off the new Apple iPad . . .

http://live.gdgt.com/2010/01/27/live-apple-come-see-our-latest-creation-tablet-event-coverage/

[doesn't, frankly, do much for me, but there we are . . . ]

what interest me far more than the fact that I can write e-mail messages by
typing with my jammy, greasy paws all over the screen (turn-off) is what
sort of peripherals one could attach to the thing; err, keyboard, err, but
wouldn't that just make it another sort of laptop?

a sort of LARGE iPhone . . .

which makes me suspect that current RunRev builds aren't going to deliver
for this platform

presumably . . . ? . . . this will be possible with the new revMobile:

http://www.runrev.com/products/revmobile/overview/   ????

or, are we going to feel crippled for a bit? while the java folks
belt away ahead of us

[as a pedestrian school teacher I am asking this question under my
second hat of unofficial RunRev gadfly]