Minimize Excessive Player Processor Use?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jan 25 07:52:18 EST 2010

Has anyone figured out a good way to minimize processor use in Rev when a
player is present?

Over here, a paused player consumes roughly 30% of the processor for some
odd reason (I seem to recall somebody mentioning this anomaly before). The
only method I've found to stop this unnecessary use is to hide the player.
It is also possible to set the fileName of the player to empty but my app is
a music player so I would prefer not to do this for reasons of performance
(repeatedly changing the player's fileName could delay playback).

Any other ideas for minimizing a player's impact on the processor?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design