Looking for volunteers to create Wikipedia on CD application

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 19:40:43 EST 2010

David Bovill wrote:

> Not sure if it is any use - but I can offer code for reading and writing to
> WikiPedia from Rev - it is not a complete library - but a good start.

Hi David,

Your code reads and write to Wikipedia.
Did you use this code as an automatic bot
for reverse vandalism in selected pages?

This could be useful as a module that could track changes
in specific user selected articles.

One of the greatest problems of using an offline Wikipedia
database is to keep updated the database. The primitive and
rather wasteful method to update the xml database is to
download and index (again) the whole database.

About Mark question, probably this project is not useful in those
fortunate places with ubiquitous and cheap internet access:

http://www.internetworldstats.com/dsl.htm

Alejandro

An script that watch