File name extensions

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Jan 22 14:00:47 EST 2010

Hi Marty,

There are no official lists of file extensions. You are free to use
whatever you want. The creator type registration at Apple is a relic
from the past and you're free to ignore it, but I still think it is a
good thing to register your new creator types there and to adhere to it.

I often use 4-character file extensions to reduce the probability that
the file extension is widely used by a different application already.
Whatever 3-char combination you choose, someone has probably already
used it.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

TwistAWord supports Haiti. Buy a license for this word game at http://www.twistaword.net
  and support the earthquake victims.

Op 22 jan 2010, om 19:45 heeft Marty Knapp het volgende geschreven: