Getting user's time from web revlet?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 12:28:02 EST 2010

On Jan 21, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Hi Andre and All,
>
> Google Analytics use js+cookies to handle all the user's local dates
> tasks. Seems to meen that revServer is not the onest server-side
> engine to passtrough some env_vars ;-)

True, but that again is using cookies in the traditional way, as long
as the user allows cookies.  The web page author programs using some
code that reads/writes cookies (data to the user hard drive), thus the
server tries to use cookies, and the user can set limits or disallow
their use.  Many corporations disallow.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas