Modal dialog not modal... any hints?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 11:47:47 EST 2010

On 20/01/2010 16:40, Tereza Snyder wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>

>> Have you tried the alternative syntax
>>
>> go stack "AskYesOrNo" as modal
>>

> Yes. Same result. Poop.

modal stack "SUBB"

or

open stack "SUBB" as modal

HOWEVER, in both cases unless you
set the stack controls to no title bar
you will get a modal window with a drag-bar.

The modal stack will open centred over the main stack.

A chap called Oliver has written a warning (2009-10-12; don't understand
how you read that date)
about this messing up the message path:

"Doing so will cause messages such as preOpenStack, openStack,
preOpenCard and openCard to be sent to the dialog, and if these are not
handled, they will be sent to the main application, causing it to
execute code."

Personally I would go for something else, as it avoids these sort of
complications.

I would set up a title-bar-less substack and make sure that it contained
a script to centre it in
a preOpenCard script and another script so that when the end-user
mouse-clicked outwith the
substack rect the substack would remain at the front.