Normal video DVD's with Rev applications on them?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Wed Jan 20 11:35:33 EST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 9:30 AM, David Bovill wrote:

> Is it that you have
> already done this with Director - are there some plugins that can be used?

Yes, I made a Director file to access the Criterion version of This Is Spinal Tap (I programmed the CD-ROM version). It runs inside a browser using the standard Shockwave plugin, that about 60% of people have. Installed.

The neat part is that the video appears within the shockwave movie, it's not invoking VLC or some other way to overly another application. It just uses the systems default DVD player technology. Not sure if Rev could do a similar thing, at least inside browsers.

Having said all that, there was a shockwave update today, and it may have broken the DVD-Video ability! I'll ask the authorities.