Normal video DVD's with Rev applications on them?

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 04:33:15 EST 2010

2010/1/20 Josh Mellicker <josh at dvcreators.net>

> My personal opinion is that doing anything with a physical DVD in 2010 is
> kind of like starting a horse buggy company in 1900. Before too long, a
> physical DVD will seem as quaint as an audio CD is today

Yep - can I quote you on this :) I need as many facts, figures and quotes as
possible to convince these guys that their business model is dead.

Since the pitch is to a DVD distribution company, and is in essence a
strategy towards moving them from their existing distribution based model
onto a community model - the idea is to get people who purchase the DVD to
join the community / go online. Printing something on the cover is maybe all
that is needed - but embedding some hidden assets in the DVD may be part of
the fun here.