Getting user's time from web revlet?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 18:59:33 EST 2010

> As for getting the clients time using RevServer files check out the variable
> $_SERVER["Date"], it will contain a timestamp from the browser perspective.
> Hope this helps.

I can't get $_SERVER["Date"] to return anything, although that would
be really useful.

I have a test page that lists all the elements of the $_SERVER array
that it can find:
<http://www.troz.net/onrev/samples/test.irev>
but it doesn't include a DATE entry.

I would imagine that since On-Rev is server-side scripting, it would
have no way of getting the time & date from the calling browser. I
would expect that this would need to use JavaScript (client-side
scripting) which interacts more directly with the browser.

Cheers,
Sarah