FTP listing using "libURLftpCommand"

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Jan 18 18:37:46 EST 2010

I'd like to use the LIST command and get a decent directory listing using
the FTP library. Yes I know about parsing a HTML listing of a directory and
it really is incomplete (like year information).

Currently only some of the libURL ftp commands work with the ON-REV ftp
setup, which  a piece of Open Source called "Pure-FTPd -
http://pureftpd.org/"

HELP    returns {   214 Pure-FTPd - http://pureftpd.org/   }
LIST "/"     returns   {  425 No data connection   }
PWD     returns  {   "/"    }
SYST    returns  {   215 UNIX Type: L8  }

Has anyone used LIBURL successfully trying to gain control of the other FTP
commands, especially LIST?

here's the simple code:

on mouseup

      get returnAffectedFieldName()

      put it into tObject

      put "LIST"  into ftpCommandLine

      libURLSetFTPListCommand "LIST"

      get  libURLftpCommand(ftpCommandLine,kFTPAdr,kLogin,kPasw)

      put it into fld tObject

end mouseup

We really need more examples in the docs.  Or is this broken? Help, please,
Dave Cragg.