BSD and HP9K700 standalones . . . ?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 07:27:07 EST 2010

On 18/01/2010 09:08, Shao Sean wrote:
> I find it funny that a single person (Dr. Scott Raney) was able to
> support all the different platforms, yet the "team" at RunRev cannot..
> (I understand their business reasoning(s), just find it amusing ;)
Story Time
I run a one-man business; all sorts of seductive types are continually
trying to get me to expand
from a one-man hole-in-the-wall schoolroom into a full-blown language
school.

So, why am I not going to do that?

Everything will change:

The character of my school,
the style of teaching,
the quality of teaching,
the administrative bumf for a firm with 3 employees is about 10-fold
what it is with just me,
to keep financially above water . . . all sorts of compromises would
have to be
adopted . . .

and I would end up as the "headmaster" of just another language school
like all the rest,
at which point I would go out of business because that niche is already
full to overflowing.

RunRev's 'abandonment' of less popular platforms may have little to do
with business as such,
and more to do with the changing dynamic of siingle person to "team".