Uniqueness of Group IDs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 17 02:09:34 EST 2010

Len Morgan wrote:

> And to keep this line of questioning going, it seems I can't list the
> controls on a card, at least not by using:
>
> put the number of controls of card 1 of stack pStack into
> theNumberOfControls

It works here. Double-check that your stack reference is correct. Or
just set the defaultstack to the one you're interested in, and drop the
stack reference entirely from the command. That's usually easier besides.

> I thought maybe I'd just "select" the card first, then put the number of
> controls into theNumberOfControls,
> but that gives me the error: Can't select an object that isn't open.  So
> it appears I can read the script of a card
> that isn't open but I can't select the card.

Cards can't be selected. You can go to them, or refer to them, or get
their contents in various ways, but they aren't technically either
objects or controls themselves. They're more like containers. But for
what you're doing, you don't need to select the card, just refer to it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com