RunRev and old standalone choices?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:16:30 EST 2010

Captain Pugwash time . . .
> <http://www.runrev.com/downloads/all-downloads/full-list/>
> and search for 'Unix' - it's about 1/3 from the top of the page.

So, did that, and, making a copy of my RR4 Studio (Mac) folder, I
put the 'revstandalonesettings.rev' from /components/tools in RR 2.5.1
(linux)
into /Toolset in the copy of RR 4.

Opened standalone settings via the IDE and the 2.5.1 'thing' opens and
asks me
to download the BSD engine - then gives me this:

"There was an error saving the file. The file could not be written.
Please check the directory is writeable."

This is rubbish as the engine is not downloaded.

The engines are obtainable here:

http://www.runrev.com/downloads/all-downloads/full-list/

my "only problem" is that I don't know where to put them . . .  :)