USB dance-pad with Rev?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 05:13:24 EST 2010

> Hello,
> I have a musical keyboard (Axis 49 : http://www.c-thru-music.com/cgi/?page=prod_axis-49) plugged by USB (on the Macintosh keyboard) witch work on GarageBand>  rawKey messages on RunRev>  nothing !  :-(
> I am very interested by this question...
> Bons souvenirs de Paris
> René
>
> Le 14 janv. 2010 à 08:33, Sarah Reichelt a écrit :
>

>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Nicolas Cueto<niconiko at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to connect a USB dance-pad to my PC and then make a stack
>>> that does game-type stuff with the signals sent in by the dance-pad.
>>> But I don't know if Rev can read in signals other than from the mouse
>>> or keyboard.
>>>

>> I would guess this sort of device functions like a trackpad or joystick.
>> My recommendation would be to plug it in and do stuff while tracking
>> rawKey messages.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sarah

I have used a Belkin Nostromo Gamepad n52 for about 3 years as a
programming aid
to stop me getting sore wrists.

All USB devices will send some sort of keyDown signals and/or pointer
movements
to the system; as long as you can interpret those keyDowns inside your
stack there is
no earthly reason why your USB device won't work with RunRev.

sincerely, Richmond.