SQL Yoga 1.0.1 Update and New Plugin

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jan 13 13:17:13 EST 2010

Seriously Trevor, sqlYoga is in my opinion exactly in the spirit of what Revolution SHOULD have provided end users with concerning database access. Anyone ever involved with the differing flavors of SQL and the subtleties of syntax, or who have ever tried to write SQL for complex joins knows it really is like learning another language. Learning another language is EXACTLY what attracts casual developers like myself. I wonder how many people wanting to develop in Revolution hit the SQL syntax hurdle and just quit at that point? I certainly was at that point a few times.

SQL Yoga provides a way to access SQL database without learning any SQL syntax. THAT is the kind of thing casual developers like me who have another job in IT need to get over that hurdle.

Thank you once again for your excellent contributions to the Rev community.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM