Finding the name of a USB volume

Larry Snider sniderl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:04:09 EST 2010

I can confirm that blkid, which is part of the e2fsprogs package, is
part of the following distributions:

CentOS release 5 (Final)
CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)

If blkid is installed on CentOS and Redhat Enterprise Linux then more
than likely it is on Fedora as well.

You can find which distributions have the RPM/package available by
checking RPMFind.net.

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=blkid&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=

Larry