Detect revWeb Plugin version

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:25:05 EST 2010

> Is there a way for a Revlet to detect what is the version of the revWeb
> plugin that is installed on a user's machine? I don't mean the build number
> of Rev, but the build number of the plugin itself. Also, how do we know what
> is the most current shipping version of the revWeb plugin?

Yes, "the version" and "the buildNumber" when running in a revlet will
give the details for the plugin, not for the version of Rev you have
of that was used to create the revlet. I have a revlet
<http://www.troz.net/rev/revweb.irev?revlet=System> that gives this
sort of data.

As for detecting the current version, the only way I have thought of
is to get the web page from <http://revweb.runrev.com/> and look for
the version number in the text there.

Cheers,
Sarah