[OT] Crappy website

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 19:04:17 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Richmond Mathewson
<richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
> My sister (who knows about these things) tells me that my website looks like
> a dog's dinner . . .
>
> Would be very grateful for any feedback comparing this:
>
> http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/default.html  [dog's dinner]
>
> with this:
>
> http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/home.html

I guess my main problem with the original is that there is no overall
theme. Links are images of very different sizes and transparencies, so
it isn't obvious which are links.
The new one looks more consistent, which will make it easier to navigate.

But for people like me who are not into design, it is often easier to
start with a CSS template and adapt that to your needs.
http://www.freecsstemplates.org/ is one good source of such things and
it allows you to build a polished site with remarkably little effort.
Using CSS also makes it much easier to make sure all the pages on the
site have the same formatting, and changes are site-wide for even
easier editing.

Cheers,
Sarah