Locking size and position

Mark Swindell mdswindell at cruzio.com
Fri Jan 8 10:43:53 EST 2010

I don't think you should be surprised (though it was an "aha" moment when I first saw this was the case).

Not sure why you'd want to lock something down so tight even you couldn't  move it via script.   But if you don't want it moved, you'd have to except the particular object in your script that is moving neighboring objects (I'm assuming probably grouped?), somehow, I guess.  You could also store the desired location of the property in a custom property and reset its loc via a send in time, though that wouldn't look so nice, I don't think.  I'm sure other will offer better solutions, but I'm glad I can move locked items via script... what a pain it would be otherwise.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Mark