Imagesource of char not working as expected in Windows

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 07:59:53 EST 2010

On 1 Jan 2010, at 6:00 pm, Jacqueline Landman Gay wrote:

> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Date: 1 January 2010 4:52:38 pm GMT
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Imagesource of char not working as expected in Windows
>

> Jim Ault wrote:
>> Of course this should make no difference...
>> try using parens
>> set the imageSource of last char of fld "ResultsT" to ("binfile:" & k)
>> answer ("binfile:" & k)
>
> I was about the suggest the same thing. It does make a difference. The parentheses are required to force evaluation.
>
> --

I have been busy on other stuff, so I am only just catching up with this.  I don't think I will mess with success on this one.  However, the parentheses thing is really useful to know.  I always understood they organised evaluation, but hadn't appreciated that they force it - which presumable might be what happens with a direct reference to a line in the field.

Still don't quite grasp the platform issue though...

Thanks to all who chipped in.

David Glasgow