can't open tRev anymore

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 7 12:04:58 EST 2010

Eric Sciolli wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've downloaded last version of tRev but when I try to open it on
> macosx 10.6.2 it closes suddenly; does someone encountered this
> problem?

The tech queue is getting reports about failed OS X builds occasionally.
I haven't figured out why but the symptoms are what you describe.
Sometimes it works if you do this:

Click on the afflicted application to select it in the Finder

Either click the application while holding the control key, or use the
"Action" menu (the icon looks like a gear) to access the option "Show
Package Contents"

Open the "Contents" folder therein, and then find the "MacOS" folder
Modify the permissions on this folder to give it "execute" permissions
for all users. Do this by opening the Terminal (located in
Applications/Utilities) and typing the following command (don't press
return afterward):

sudo chmod 755

After typing this, drag the "MacOS" folder to the Terminal window -- its
path should appear. Press return, and you will be prompted for your
administrator password, which you should enter.

The "MacOS" directory should now have read, write and execute priveleges
for the owner, and read and execute privileges for the group and others.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com