create a plist from script with iRev

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 10:25:22 EST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 6:39 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Does anyone have a way or explanation on how to create a plist file
> on revOnline via script???
>
> It turns out that Apple recommends using a pList over json or xml
> for transferring data via NSUrl.
>
> There would be a lot of things I could do if I knew how to create
> them.
>
> (on the desktop I can do them and upload manually but then I would
> still have to populate them online)

you can run a shell script in Rev that converts a file sitting on your
hard drive from binary, then edit, then convert it back again

plutil -convert xml1 Project
open -a TextEdit Project

--edit the file, then File - Save
--then run
plutil -convert binary1 Project

or use BBEdit 9 that opens the plist binary in readable xml, then
saves in the binary format automatically.

or as Andre said about 18 months ago

Folks,

This page here < http://tomeklof.googlepages.com/aapl > has a list of
useful command line tools unique for Mac OS X. For example did anyone
here knew about plutil to convert plists to plain xml and back?

Andre

Jim Ault
Las Vegas