Attaching files to a document like a file system

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:05:46 EST 2010

Hi Bill,

Not sure how your app works, but if you have a database behind and if
it manages BLOB (Binary Large Object), consider this:

1) Somewhere in a pref table, add two blobs one with a description
file of an empty disk image mac (ie dmg), the other with a description
file of an empty disk image windows (ie iso). I'm not sure how it
works on linux, so I exclude it.
2) In your user or maybe wallet table, add a blob
3) When an user opens its Wallet for the first time (blob empty).
- If it is on windows, copy the windows blob from the pref table to
the wallet table
- If it is on mac, copy the mac blob from the pref table to the wallet table
4) Restore the wallet blob somewhere on the disk
5) Mount the image and decrypt the files
6) When the user closes its Wallet, encrypte the file in the image,
unmount the image and store the image file in the Wallet Blob.

If you need to know how to store/restore a blob from a database, I
have shared somewhere on the list, a piece of code.
For more convenience, have a look on the lab experiment 4 on
www.aslugontheroad.co.cc.

Hope this helps.

-Zryip the Slug- wish you the best! 8)