[ANN] tRev Feature Friday - make bookmarks in handler list with handler tags

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Fri Jan 1 11:40:34 EST 2010

Dear tRev users and watchers,

With our new handler tags feature, you can turn short comments within
your code into bookmarks within your handler list. We have a short
video showing how to make and use handler tags:

    http://reveditor.com/feature-friday-leave-bookmarks-in-handler-lis

Handler Tags!
- now you can tag your handlers by typing handler comments like this:
--> my tag
- place these special tag comments inside the handler, not outside
with folder comments
- handler tags show up in the handler list indented beneath their
parent handler
- these tags work like bookmarks within the handlers list
- handlers tags are never sorted in the handler list
- click a handler's tag in handler list and navigate quickly to a
specific area within a large handler
- handler tags themselves cannot be dragged, but are dragged when
parent handler is dragged
- using these tags beats folding control structures, IMHO

Fixes:
- leading spaces at top of handler are now removed when handler is
formatted
- removing these spaces making make the handler appear properly in the
handler list
- dropping a handler on its home line no longer leaves orange
insertion bar
- a home line drop will no longer select the first line of the script
when it should not
- after dragging and dropping text within editor's code field, the tab
is now marked dirty

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Want to edit something? We can help with tText!
http://reveditor.com/purchase-ttext