Possible data grid bug?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Feb 28 13:33:15 EST 2010

Recently, Jacque Landman Gay wrote:

> The "lock screen" command should really be called "lock window". It only
> prevents redraw in the front window. So you could put up a small
> substack that contains only your progress bar and run it from there
> while the window behind is locked and busy over on the other card.

Actually Jacque, I don't believe this is the case.  If you issue lock screen
from any open stack (or even the message box) any visual updates in *all*
open stacks are halted.  At least they are on my end (Rev 4).  You can test
this using some simple test stacks that run looping animations.  I posted a
question on this issue to the list some time ago.  The current (?) lock
screen behavior makes it impossible to run any progress indication while the
screen is locked because the screen is truly "locked".

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design