Browser documentation

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 18:56:16 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Jeff Massung <massung at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to bring this one back up, but I really am having a helluva time
> getting this to work:
>
> on browserBeforeNavigate pBrowser, pURL
>       global browserCancel
>
>       -- don't actually go there in the browser... stay here
>       put true into browserCancel
>
>       -- open another browser window to go there
>       launch URL pURL
> end browserBeforeNavigate

Just works here. I put this handler into the card script, and it opens
the selected link in my default web browser, leaving the revBrowser
unchanged.

on browserBeforeNavigate pBrowserId, pUrl
     global browserCancel
     put true into browserCancel
     launch URL pUrl
end browserBeforeNavigate

If you are getting the default browser to show the page, then your
script appears to be working, but maybe there is a typo or an extra
invisible character in one of the lines that uses "browserCancel".
Try copying & pasting my handler directly and seeing if that makes any
difference.

Cheers,
Sarah