Possible data grid bug?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 18:39:41 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Jeff Massung <massung at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an interesting situation here, and likely this is just a bug on my
> end, but thought I'd toss it out and see if maybe it's not me. Essentially,
> I'm trying to fill in data for a data grid that's on another card that isn't
> the current card.
>
> I'm using "of me" everywhere and - in fact - all my data does get added to
> the DG. But a whole lot of exceptions are thrown from elsewhere (deeper in
> the DG behavior), causing sections of my code to not execute. Result: bugs.
> If I switch cards first, then dispatch the commands, no exceptions are
> thrown.

Check out <http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7340-What-Sorts-of-Things-Should-I-Not-Do-In-Order-To-Avoid-Needless-Suffering->.

One of the paragraphs says:

Don't try to draw a Data Grid on a card that Is not open
When a Data Grid renders it dynamically creates fields and accesses
certain properties. Some of these properties can not be properly
reported by the Revolution engine unless the field is on an open card.

So basically, you can't do what you have in mind.
Would it work to lock the screen, go to the second card, draw the DG
and then go back to where you were?

Cheers,
Sarah