All Cards

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 14:45:59 EST 2010

I would recommend you do the following for the future development of
your stack(s)

go card 1
select the field "Version"
go to the menu "Object", and choose "Group Selected" objects
There is only one selected, but now there is a group id that contains
one field.

At this point, the group is only 'placed' on card 1.
Select the group and use the inspector to
"Behave like a background"

Next, go to card 2,
then the menu "Object:Place Group" and now it appears on card 1 & 2,
plus will automatically appear on any new cards
then select the original field "Version" and delete it.  You will not
need it anymore.

Once you have done this for all cards (either manually or by scripted
repeat loop) you can select "Share Text" and all cards will show the
same text, whether it is a version number or a list of data, etc.
--------------------
If you decide not to use a background group, you will need to write a
repeat loop to update all of the individual fields.
Also, you will have to remember to add this field to any new cards you
make and put in the correct version number.
In the long run it is easier to use background-group objects when
developing stacks

On Feb 27, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Camm wrote:

> Its just a different fld id on each card
>
> Thanks
> Camm

Jim Ault
Las Vegas