scrolling groups and magic mouse?

Geoff Canyon Rev gcanyon+rev at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 10:11:18 EST 2010

Thanks, I never would have thought that it translated simply as a
keypress. +2 -2 gives unusably slow scrolling on my MacBook. +50 -50
is about fast enough (matches fields roughly) but is very jerky. Then
the weirdness set in. I tried using this routine to scroll a little
bit but more often:

on scrollMe x,y
   set the scroll of me to the scroll of me + y
   if x > 0 then send "scrollMe" &&  (x - 1),y to me in 0 ticks
end scrollMe

In the rawkeydown handler I used this:

scrollMe 2,20

So that should have scrolled 20 pixels three times as fast as possible
for each time the rawkeydown fires. What I found instead was that it
fired just once (scrolling was slow) but then as soon as a I moved the
pointer normally, the delayed messages kicked in. It doesn't matter
how long I wait; if I scroll down then take my hand off the mouse for
ten seconds, then move the mouse slightly, the queued-up scrolling
happens then. Out of curiosity I tried calling it like this:

     send "scrollMe 2,20" to me in 0 ticks

Now the group doesn't scroll at all when I swipe, but as soon as I
move the mouse (again, doesn't seem to matter how long I wait) all the
queued up messages fire and the group scrolls.

Anyone have any ideas?

gc