Ideas to simulate a multithreaded sockets server

Marcio Alexandroni marcio at cialogica.com.br
Sat Feb 27 07:39:33 EST 2010

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the clarification, I forgot the Linux core forks the process
creating other instances of the application, great.

What I'm looking for is a way to have an easy-to-install and portable server
that I can deploy to Linux, Windows and Mac with the same protocol. Today I
have a server written in Delphi, but that I can only deploy to Windows.

Today I have a custom protocol built with TCP/IP that I can rewrite for the
PDAs when I find the right technology for the server.

I just moved to on-rev hosting, so I have access to the irev technology. Do
you have any information on what platforms revServer will be available
(Linux, Windows, Mac?) and how and if it will integrate with web servers
(apache, others?).

Your suggestion on irev is great, I'll start testing on my on-rev host and
wait for the revServer.

Regards,

Marcio Alexandroni
 ( (+55 11) 9989-8316