dropping to the Finder

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Feb 26 17:43:35 EST 2010

> If there's a simpler way to accomplish this I'd love to find it, but it
> would appear that Interarchy (and the many other FTP tools that use
> drag-and-drop) are getting info from the Finder to know which file to
> download their data into.

On OSX, what about querying the path of the front Finder window just before
the drop is made via applescript.

Try...

Tell application "Finder" to get (POSIX path of (target of front window as
alias))

Although dropping onto the desktop while other windows are open might give
you the wrong result and if the drag target is still in the background when
you make the drop you're in trouble as well.

Terry...