what applications are running

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Feb 25 06:07:07 EST 2010

Hi Nicolas,

This might work:

function programs
      if the platform is "MacOS" then -- only OSX!
           put shell("ps -xcw") into myList
           put offset("COMMAND",myList) into myColPos
           repeat for each line myLine in myList
                put char myColPos to -1 of myLine & cr after myNewList
           end repeat
           filter myNewList without "(*"
           return line 2 to -1 of myNewList
      else if the platform is "Win32" then
           put line 4 to -1 of shell("tasklist") into myList
           repeat for each line myLine in myList
                put word 1 of myLine & cr after myNewList
           end repeat
           return line 1 to -2 of myNewList
      else
           return empty
      end if
end programs

The MacOS part might also work on Linux, but I'm not sure.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new software development
projects. Feel free to contact me for a quote.