altRevBrowser Noob

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:49:58 EST 2010

2010/2/13 Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com>:
> Whoops! Spoke too soon. It seems that once you click in the browser window, neither clicks nor keystrokes ever make it into the Rev engine ever again. On the Mac as well as in Windows, if the browser is not clicked, hitting the Q key will quit the app (because I trap that rawkeydown and quit). Once the user clicks however, it's game over.
>
> So if anyone really understands the inner workings of the altRevBrowser, could you tell me if there is any way to get the browser to allow events to get to the IDE? I would think that the browser would pass events to the IDE, but I may be mistaken.
>
> For the future, it might be better if the browser works within an object like a field or an image or a button, instead of splashing in front of every object. Admittedly, this is not a problem for most people, because you would never put a rev object where the browser is being rendered.
>
> For now I will put a small Quit button at the top of the window and that will have to suffice for now.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob,

By playing in my Lab, I remembered your problem. Not sure is useful
now, but this is maybe a solution if I assume that you have no need to
enter in the revBrowser object.

Instead to have a quit button behind the revBrowser, create a kind of
mask front of it.

For doing that mask
1) Create a substack with no shadow, empty controls, not resizable and
"Float above everything"
2) Fix its blending level to 94 (it seems the limit to have a (almost)
transparent stack responding to click)
3) Place your quit code in the script of your stack mask

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc