on-rev and coda

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Tue Feb 23 23:36:49 EST 2010

On 24/02/2010, at 10:57 AM, stephen barncard wrote:

> the problem is that for it to be recognized, there is a mode document,
> plugin, whatever that some basic xml - I've got the colors thing worked out
> but the  irev suffix give problems and still isn't associated with rev. But
> the whole specs are the *SubEthaEdit *site, which is the editor that is
> embedded in Coda....
>
> http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/modes.html
>
> I started with looking at mode for other languages, plus there's a detailed
> API.
>
> I would like to make a better one than I have now - I think it might take a
> couple of days... or one day with two coders.

If you look carefully at the list of available 'modes', there is one close to the bottom called "Xtalk/Transcript", made by Christian Langers. "Transcript", I believe, is what the Revolution language used to be called, before it became simply 'Revolution'. Have you tried using this?

Even if there are alterations that need to be done to the syntax file, perhaps this will already give you a good starting point!

> Coda is what the On-Rev editor should strive to be.

If I could just have the on-rev debugger in Coda, I'd be happy! :)

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
Sydney, Australia